Hankook Tire's 7th Global Production Plant Opens
- Hankook Tire's new Indonesia Plant held an official opening ceremony in West Java, Indonesia
- A strategic investment to accommodate the growing demand for high quality tires both in Indonesia and global tire industry
- New plant to act as a major growth driver for the company, serving as an export base as well as a regional business hub
September 17th, 2013 (Seoul, Korea) - Hankook Tire, the leading and one of the fastest growing tire companies in the world, will hold the official opening ceremony today for its 7th global plant in Indonesia. Located in Lippo Cikarang, Bekasi, West Java, the company's newest plant will act as an export base for the North America and Middle East markets as well as a regional business hub for the emerging Asian market, reaching the production capacity of 6 million tires per year.
On September 17th, Hankook Tire is celebrating the grand opening of its newest Indonesia Plant with the presence of Hankook Tire’s top executives, including Mr. Seung Hwa Suh (Vice Chairman and CEO of Hankook Tire), Mr. Hyun Shick Cho (President and CEO of Hankook Tire Worldwide) and Mr. Hyun Bum Cho (President and CMO/CCMO of Hankook Tire). Welcomed by Hankook Tire’s top executives, the President of Indonesia, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, is also be present in commemoration of the plant opening, joined by several other government officials from Indonesia.
Hankook Tire’s Indonesia Plant, built in a strategically important location, will be a major growth factor contributing to the company’s continued global business expansion. Of the total production capacity of 6 million tires a year, approximately 30% will be allocated to cater for the Indonesian domestic market, while the remaining 70% will be exported to serve the demands in emerging markets across the globe including ASEAN region, North America and Middle East.
Covering an area of 60 hectares, Hankook Tire’s Indonesia Plant is a modern manufacturing facility equipped to produce mainly passenger car tires, Ultra-High Performance (UHP) tires, and light truck tires.
“Today’s commemoration of Indonesia Plant Opening marks yet another milestone in Hankook Tire’s ongoing growth as a global top-tier tire company. This is also a clear manifestation of our strong will and commitment for further growth together with Indonesia and other emerging economies,” said Mr. Seung Hwa Suh, Vice Chairman and CEO of Hankook Tire. He also added, “As a leading global tire company, we will continue our relentless efforts to supply customers around the world with more advanced, globally acclaimed tires via our new export base in Indonesia.”
With a Groundbreaking Ceremony held in June 2011, Hankook Tire commenced the construction of its 7th global manufacturing plant in Indonesia. The company currently employs approximately 1,400 staff members and will increase to a total of 4,300 employees by 2018.
Reflecting Hankook Tire’s commitment in further growth and business engagement in Indonesia, Hankook Tire has established its end-to-end distribution channel, called HANKOOK MASTERS. In Indonesia, Hankook Tire has already established its HANKOOK MASTERS outlets in Surabaya and Bandung, targeting to increase the number to 30 outlets by the end of this year.
Image: Mr. Seung Hwa Suh, Vice Chairman and CEO of Hankook Tire, speaking at Indonesia Plant opening ceremonies.
About Hankook Tire America Corp.
Hankook Tire (Vice Chairman & CEO: Seung Hwa Suh) is the leading and one of the fastest growing tire companies in the world. As a tire manufacturer dedicated to contribute to advancement in driving, Hankook Tire intensively invests in research and development via five R&D centers around the world. Applying the newest innovative technologies and solutions, it produces superior quality and high performance radial tires for passenger cars, 4x4s, SUVs, light trucks, campers, trucks, buses and motorsports at its seven manufacturing facilities in four different countries. Hankook Tire currently employs approximately 20,000 people around the world, and its products are available worldwide in over 180 countries.
For more information, please visit Hankook Tire’s global web site at www.hankooktire.com.