Hankook Tire America Corp. Announces Opening
For Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
- Hankook Tire America Corp. announces job opening for a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer at its Akron Technical Center
February 15, 2011 (Wayne, NJ) - Hankook Tire America Corp. has an immediate opening for a qualified Vehicle Dynamics Engineer at its Akron Technical Center. This position requires a B.S.M.E. degree as well as skills and experience in structural mechanics and dynamics in automotive applications. Tire mechanics and tire/vehicle interactions are especially important. A minimum of three years in subjective ride and handling evaluations is required. Familiarity with force and moment, NVH, and tire components is important. The successful applicant will work in a multi-discipline team of engineers responsible for advancing tire technology and providing support to tire development engineers. The position will involve work in the following areas:
- Perform vehicle evaluations to investigate tire performance in various handling and ride scenarios
- Perform on-vehicle measurements to characterize tire/vehicle performance
- Expand expertise in tire tread wear through indoor/outdoor measurement and simulation
- Develop new tire simulation capabilities applicable to ride and handling scenarios
- Interaction with OE vehicle manufacturers to support ongoing tire development projects
This position will involve domestic and international travel.
Resumes may be mailed to:
Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.
Akron Technical Center
Attention: Ray Labuda
3535 Forest Lake Drive
Uniontown, OH 44685
Or e-mailed to:
About Hankook Tire America Corp.
Headquartered in Wayne, N.J., Hankook Tire America Corp. is a technology-focused, market-driven company that markets and distributes a complete line of high performance and ultra-high performance passenger tires, light truck, SUV tires, as well as medium truck and bus tires to more than 400 independent dealers through 3000+ retail sales locations in the United States and Canada.
For more information, please visit Hankook Tire at www.hankooktireusa.com.