Hankook Tire to Showcase New Product,
Preview Future Motorsports and Marketing Programs at this Year's SEMA Show
- Official launch of the Ventus V2 Concept, Hankook's newest all-season high performance tire with patented "twister groove design"
- Motorsports sponsorship commitments expanded in Formula Drift and Time Attack including a special appearances in booth by celebrity drivers Paul Walker, Rhys Millen and Tanner Faust
- Hankook Home Run Derby competition will send four lucky SEMA Show attendees home with a new set of Hankook tires
- Company continues to increase sales and market share in the U.S. posting 22% total sales increase and an amazing 39% UHP sales increase YTD thru 3rd quarter 2010
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 1, 2010 - With new product on the floor and a strong sales performance so far this year, Hankook's enthusiasm and optimism at SEMA can be summed up in two words: "Home Run."
Following on the heels of positive third quarter results, Hankook Tire will be in Las Vegas for the 2010 SEMA Show with new products, an engaging in-booth promotion, and expanded motorsports marketing programs, including appearances by its celebrity drivers for 2011.
"The North American market has always been important to our brand, and now more than ever Hankook is investing its resources in this region," said Soo Il Lee, president of Hankook Tire America Corp. "We understand how important it is to keep up with market trends so we continue to invest not only in technology and manufacturing capacity but also in our marketing initiatives. We believe our expanding investments will influence more and more consumers, develop brand equity and ultimately drive more business to our network of loyal Hankook tire dealers."
Hankook Tire (www.hankooktire.com) is currently the seventh largest and one of the fastest growing tire manufacturers in the world. At its booth located in the south hall as part of the Global Tire Expo at SEMA, Hankook will showcase its technology and is planning some very exciting booth activities driven right off the bat by the interactive Hankook Home Run Derby.
Anybody who stops by the Hankook booth at SEMA will have the opportunity to participate in the virtual Hankook Home Run Derby. Participants who complete a short iPad registration form will each get one pitch on a Nintendo Wii gaming system to try and hit a home run. If they hit a home run their name will then be entered into a daily random drawing. Each day, 30 minutes before the close of the show, one person will be selected to win a set of the new Hankook Ventus V2 Concept tires.
The new Ventus V2 Concept High Performance All-Season tire sports a wide range of technological innovations that give consumers an unmatched driving experience in all weather conditions. A patented design and special compounds allow the Ventus V2 Concept to match the performance capabilities of most summer tires, but with twice the snow traction. All-Season High Performance is Ventus V2 Concept. Hankook will host a press conference in its booth on Tuesday, Nov. 2, at 2:25 p.m. focusing on this exciting new tire.
Complimenting the launch of the Ventus V2 Concept, Hankook will also be "previewing" several other tires being developed with its Kontrol Technology philosophy including:
- "enfren eco" will be the first U.S. offering of a high performance tire specifically designed to minimize energy consumption for max fuel efficient vehicles like Toyota Prius and Honda Civic Hybrid. enfren eco will be available in the third quarter of 2011.
- "Dynapro HT" will be Hankook's premium all-season performance tire for light trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles. Developmental testing shows this new tire will excel in snow traction and braking performance. Dynapro HT will be available in the third quarter of 2011.
- "Optimo H426 will be the next generation all-season grand touring performance tire and will sport 20 percent lower rolling resistance than its predecessor. Already a big hit with O.E. car manufacturers such as Ford, Hyundai and Kia, the replacement market version will be offered in more than 40 sizes covering a wide range of vehicle applications. Optimo H426 will be available in the second of 2011.
In motorsports, after celebrating a stellar Formula Drift season that included podium finishes in five of the seven Drift events and setting numerous track records in Time Attack competition, Hankook has upped the ante with expanded event and driver sponsorships which will be detailed from their booth on Wednesday, Nov. 3, at 11:30 a.m.
Of course no SEMA show exhibit is considered complete without a little "eye candy" and Hankook certainly will have plenty to catch show goers attention. Four of Hankook's famous Umbrella Girls will be in booth posing for photos and signing posters. However the real attention getters of the booth may well be the vehicles on display:
- 2008 BMW 135 owned by Berk Technologies and driven by Time Attack champion Mike Bonanni. The car is equipped with Hankook Ventus V2 Concept tires size 225/40R18.
- 2009 Hyundai Genesis owned and driven by Rhys Millen and ready for competition in the 2011 Formula Drift Series using Hankook Ventus R-s3 tires size 245/40R18 on the front and size 265/35R18 on the rear.
- 2010 Audi R8 owned by AE Performance. This head turning beauty is equipped with Hankook's flagship UHP tire the Ventus V12 evo size 245/30R20 on the front and 295/25R20 on the rear.
- 2010 Ford F150 Raptor owned and driven by Hollywood celebrity and motorsports competitor Paul Walker. His Raptor has been purpose built for feature stories on line and in print and is getting its traction from Hankook Dynapro ATm tires size 305/55R20.
All of Hankook's tires utilize the brand's proprietary Kontrol Technology. Kontrol Technology is Hankook's assurance that all of its tires are optimized for performance, safety, comfort and their impact on the environment. Visitors in the Hankook booth will find evidence of this everywhere they turn including in product displays, videos, and signage.
Finally, Hankook is featuring a refreshment center within its exhibit exclusively for VIPs and invited guests to enjoy a light snack and a beverage for a few moments before leaving.
Strategically increased O.E. fitments along with steadily increasing dealer and consumer demand for its replacement tires have contributed to Hankook Tire's recent success and the future looks even brighter as the company continues to grow and invest in its future.
About Hankook Tire America Corp.
Headquartered in Wayne, N.J., Hankook Tire America Corp. is a technology-focused, market-driven company that markets and distributes a complete line of high performance and ultra-high performance passenger tires, light truck, SUV tires, as well as medium truck and bus tires to more than 400 independent dealers through 3000+ retail sales locations in the United States and Canada.
For more information, please visit the Hankook website at www.hankooktireusa.comMedia Contacts:On-site at SEMA , please stop by Hankook's booth #43071.