This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new tire manufactured by HANKOOK Tire Co., Ltd
bearing Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer's or Hankook's recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased after January 1, 2013.
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tires have not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become
unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more than 2/32" remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following conditions:
1. During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and one year from date of purchase:
Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook
produced tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of mounting, balancing and any other
charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
2. After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first:
The amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying
ㆍFree replacement workmanship warranty is not applicable to snow tires
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Outside of the Continental United States.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32 tread wear or 1 year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- With less than 2/32" remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut or buffed.
- Racing & off road use and Misapplication.
- Tires 6 years or older from the date of manufacture or 5 years or older from the date of purchase.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
- Used in commercial service, excluding truck & bus tires.
* Note: Consequential damage mentioned above may not apply to you based on States limitation.
In order to be eligible for HANKOOK's limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in the Continental United States of America.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which i available at any authorized dealer.
- End users should complete the warranty card which is available at authorized Hankook dealers for tread wear mileage warranty and mail it to Hankook Tire America Corp. (1450 Valley Road, Wayne NJ 07470. Attn: Technical Department) within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- In order to take advantage of mileage warranty, you must submit tire rotation record which proves that all tires are rotated at least every 7,500 miles.
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to do the following, but not limited to observe safety warnings, maintain proper inflation pressure, maintain vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance or life may not be achieved and your safety cannot be ensured.
Eligible tires rendered unserviceable due to non-repairable road hazard must meet following guidelines:
- Tire must be listed in eligible products for Road Hazard
- Tire must be worn within first 2/32nds
- Tire must be within one year from date of purchase
Qualifying tires will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Hankook produced tire. Adjustment procedure is prescribed in the Owner's General Obligation section. Taxes and service charges are not included. The eligible products for Road Hazard warranty are as follows:
- VENTUS Line: V12 evo , V4ES , V2 Concept, AS
- OPTIMO Line: H727, H426, H725
- Mileage Plus II, Dynapro HT (P-Metric), Dynapro AT-M (P-Metric), Enfren Eco
- V4ES → Ventus S1 Noble 2 (March, 2013)
A. This warranty is not applicable to original equipment (OE) tires.
B. Repairable punctures are not covered under this warranty.
Hankook provides very competitive treadwear mileage Warranty as follows:
||Milage Plus II, OPTIMO H725
||OPTIMO H724, Dynapro HT
||Ventus H101, V4ES*, Ventus ST*,
OPTIMO H431, OPTIMO H725A,
Dynapro HP, RADIAL RA07
|Dynapro AS, Dynapro AT, Dynapro AT-M,
||winter i*cept evo
|Dynapro HT, Dynapro AS
V4ES : Over 40 series only (Not applicable to 35 series or below).
V4ES → Ventus S1 Noble 2 (March, 2013)
- If the above eligible tire wears out (wears down to 2/32" remaining depth) before the warranty miles under the normal passenger use, Hankook will make an allowance for unused service toward the purchase of a new tire of the same size and type, prorated on warranted miles.
- The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted miles not received, multiplied to the pre-determined adjustment price of the tire at the time and place of the adjustment.
- To take advantage of this warranty, the owner shall submit warranty card which records the purchasing & vehicle information within 30 days from the date of purchase. (Warranty card must be mailed to Hankook Tire America Corp.)
- To make a claim, tire rotation record shall be presented along with the claimed tire. (The cost of mounting, balance and other service charges or taxes shall be paid by the customer)
- This warranty is not applicable to original equipment tires.
- Casing of Hankook steel radial truck & bus tires are warranted when tire becomes unserviceable or unretreaded due to factors within manufacturer's condition, Hankook will provide predetermined casing allowance.
- Casing warranty is valid through the 2nd retreaded life for five (5) years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first (AL07+, AL11, DL11 casing warranty is valid through the 3rd retreaded life for seven (7) years from the date of manufacture).
- Retreading allowance is warranted for some limited products besides casing policy based upon remaining casing allowance.
- Tires used in mining & logging service are not covered under this warranty.
- Casing & retreading allowance are as follows:
|11.00R20, 12.00R20, 12.00R24
|385/65R22.5, 425/65R22.5, 445/65R22.5
(Retread Allowance + Casing Allowance )
More than 14/32
$45.00 + Casing Allowance
8/32 to 14/32
$30.00 + Casing Allowance
Less than 8/32
Casing Allowance Only
*For 19.5 inches or smaller sizes, only casing allowances warranted.
*Tires used in mining and logging service are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact your nearest Hankook Tire Dealer. For dealer information, or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Tire Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE AMERICA CORPORATION
Head Office: 1450 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
West Regional Office: 1-800-426-8252
For warranty information, please visit
www.hankooktireusa.com or call 1-800-HANKOOK.